Want to dig deeper? Check out these resources from Pastor Bob!
- A Minute of Margin: Restoring Balance to Busy Lives, 180 Daily Reflections, Richard Swenson
- As Jesus Walked, Todd Mathis, at http://www.asjesuswalked.com/
- Bible Reading Plan, Todd Mathis, Moon Valley Bible Church, at https://www.moonvalleybible.org/resources/bible-reading-plan/*
- The Believer’s Secret of the Abiding Presence, Louis Gifford Parkhurst, Andrew Murray, Brother Lawrence
- “Daily Reflections for Today,” an emailed daily devotional tied to the Sunday sermon from Moon Valley Bible Church
- Day by Day with Charles Swindoll, Charles R. Swindoll
- Face to Face: Praying the Scriptures for Spiritual Growth, Kenneth D. Boa
- Grace Notes: Daily Readings with Philip Yancey, Philip Yancey
- Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His Presence, Sarah Young
- Jesus Storybook Bible: Every Story Whispers His Name, Sally Lloyd-Jones (for children)
- Jesus Today: Experience Hope Through His Presence, Sarah Young*
- Meet the Bible: A Panorama of God’s Word in 366 Daily Readings and Reflections, Philip Yancey, Brenda Quinn
- NKJV, The Chronological Study Bible, Thomas Nelson
- The One-Year Bible, (Various translations)
- PocketBible, Laridian Inc. (a Bible app)*
- Prayers for Today: A Yearlong Journey of Devotional Prayer, Kurt Bjorklund
- Quest for Character, Charles R. Swindoll
- Take Words With You: Scripture Promises & Prayers, Tim Kerr
- Thirty-One Days of Praise: Enjoying God Anew, Ruth Myers, Warren Myers
- Thirty-One Days of Prayer: Moving God’s Mighty Hand, Ruth Myers, Warren Myers
- The Wayfinding Bible NLT: Helping You Navigate God’s Word, Doris Rikkers, Jeanette Taylor*
- YouVersion, Life.Church (a Bible app)
* While I have used all these at one time or another, right now I’m using the ones marked with an asterisk. For a good overview of Bible study methods, I would recommend, Searching the Scriptures: Find the Nourishment Your Soul Needs, Charles R. Swindoll, 2016. ~Bob Kerrey
To download a PDF of these resources, click here.
Looking for resources for our LifeGroups? Follow the link and check out our list of resources for LifeGroups! Click here to learn more about MVBC LifeGroups and Bible Studies.
"SOUNDS GOOD, BUT. . ."
Pastor Bob's 2021 series, "Sounds Good, But. . .", was an incredible look into our faith and relationship with Jesus amid an ever-changing socially progressive world. And it was packed full of deep information! To assist you with this series, Pastor Bob has happily provided summaries and resources for each week of the series! Click below to download a PDF.