LIVE SERVICES UPDATE - A MESSAGE FROM THE MOON VALLEY ELDERS - MARCH 26, 2021
Dear Moon Valley Family,
We are grateful to see significant and hopeful improvements in curtailing the spread of COVID-19. Some safety protocols are being relaxed in Arizona, and at Moon Valley we are concurrently relaxing some of our own protocols following the recommendations of Dr. Felipe Gutierrez, Chief of Infectious Diseases at the Phoenix VA Hospital. Here are some of the changes you can expect going forward.
1. We will reopen MVPlay for children to use on Sunday mornings.
2. Starting Easter Sunday, we will add a few more chairs to the auditorium as the need for strict, six-foot social distancing has diminished.
3. We will be closing auditorium doors once the service gets started as we did in pre-COVID days.
4. We will no longer be checking temperatures.
5. We will reopen the cafe to serve coffee and water. This will happen as soon as we can recruit volunteers to staff it.
6, We will return furniture to lobby areas.
7. We will not be fogging the auditorium with disinfectant after services. But we will use the foggers to disinfect MVPlay and children's areas.
8. Hand sanitizer stations will remain throughout the church building.
9. Small group leaders will decide, in consultation with participants, whether to require masks and what level of social distancing is acceptable in their respective small groups. Groups may choose differently based on vaccinations, comfort levels, vulnerability, meeting place, etc. We are grateful for the deferential spirit of grace shown thus far by participants and we pray that it will continue, whatever each group decides.
10. We will continue to ask in-person Sunday service participants to wear a mask inside the building. This is probably our highest-risk event. In deference to those who may feel vulnerable, and to minimize the risk, we will still urge the wearing of masks in the building on Sunday mornings. Although we cannot say for sure when this protocol will be relaxed, we can say that we eagerly look forward to that day, and we suspect it won't be long. Hang in there.